Thursday, August 23, 2012

To my blog followers.....

As some of you arlready know I have been doing hearing evaluations and dispensing hearing aids to those I call my,"Old Souls" for the past 5 or so years now.....The stories that will follow in my blog are stories of love, pain, sorrow, joy, laughter and a multitude of others stories of emotion....I am blessed to work with these old souls everyday and hope that you enjoy them as much I do.....It is a lesson learned each day.....Sandiego

My first blog....

The Cowboy

I'll call him the Cowboy..87 years old....a handsome strapping tall man, I would say he is about
 6'5 inches tall with a worn cowboy hat and  blue jeans, a faded outline on his back pocket from the can of chew that has been stored there for years...He wore cowboy boots that looked like he just came out of a muddy pasture. When I look at him I see the deep wrinkles of wisdom, and think to myself...this man must have been a looker back in his day, as a matter of fact he still has such striking features.....it makes me think he was probably a heartbreaker in his day....I came out of my booth to invite him in so we could address some of his hearing issues and he was staring at a woman that was standing a little ways away...she was about the same age as him, also nice looking and well kept. Cowboy looked back at me and said, "See that little lady over there....she can cook up some mean grub.....and then he looked back at her again....and then looked back at me and said, "And that aint all she can do"as he gave me a wink!.....Wow!....Sounds like he is still making the magic happen.....You gotta love an Old Soul.....
08/23/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment